August 26, 2010

The Colour of Music


Loving colour and working with colours is one of the things that I am very passionate about. I'd have to say that most of my time with those I work with is talking about colour:

  • The way it makes you feel?
  • What memories it invokes?
  • Does it speak to you?
  • Does it speak to you market?
  • Is it a true representation of you and your passion?

Whilst researching for a new project, I came across this article that was written about the Award winning musician Wouter Kellerman, who is considered to be South Africa's foremost flautist.

In the article Wouter Kellerman talks about music having colour... "The colour of music is more important to me than the notes" ....

"Music is the colour of different cultures and also the different colours one can produce on the flute"

Colour plays such a major role in our lives and is woven into the fabric of all that we do sometimes without us even knowing it.

  • What role does colour play in your life and business?
  • Does colour have an effect on the way you make a decision to purchase something?
  • Are you drawn to objects/things of a certain colour way?
  • Are you bold in your colour choices?

I also love this comment "He used to get nervous playing classical music, which has to be perfect: But now that I'm playing music from my heart I hardly get nervous. All I have to do is make beautiful music" ....

"I just follow my heart on stage"

Ah the colour of Music... beautiful when from the heart!

You can see the article on Wouter Kellerman here:

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-08-24-the-colour-of-music

No comments:

Post a Comment