October 28, 2010

Just do Something...

It’s Time to Get Started? Just Do Something...

I just had to kick myself in the butt...... I needed it...

Do you suffer from “Making It Perfect” syndrome?

I know I do, that is why I had to kick myself in the butt.

You can spend tons and tons of time on:

  • Planning
  • Researching
  • Making Notes
  • Social Networking
  • Downloading ebooks
  • Doing the Logo
  • Fixing the Colours
  • And then …. More Researching!

Doing anything but doing what you actually need to do to get started.

Here’s what I have learnt:

Just Do Something – Do something - do almost anything...

Take Action Start Execute Just Do...

When I say “almost” anything I mean; anything that will move you slightly closer to getting it done. Not the “other” bits and pieces. At some point you have to draw your line in the sand and take that step … and do it.

If you are stuck, one of the first things that you can do is stop, take a step back - and ask yourself;

What am I trying to achieve? What is the purpose of this? This may help you get some perspective and bring you back to the point.

Sometimes explaining to someone what you are doing can also help. Just hearing your own words will clarify your thoughts and what you have to do next.

The goal is to be “Doing” no more procrastination, no more trying to make it perfect – you can always improve it later!

I can't waste any more time "thinking' about it... I’m off to do some Doing!

1 comment:

  1. A good friend shared this phrase with me years ago:

    "Once begun, half done."

    So now when I start to suffer from the Make It Perfect Syndrome, I too kick myself in the butt and just start "begunning"!

    ReplyDelete